This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OrganizeWithBrilliance #CollectiveBias
I’ve been dreaming of a tidy fridge. A fridge that keeps up with the everyday demands of a busy family. An organized fridge. A happy fridge.
For quite sometime, I’ve searched high and low for easy, simple, and affordable solutions to streamline our fridge, simplify our meal planning process, and create a system for my kiddos to independently grab their own snacks. My dreams became a reality when I was introduced to the brilliantly designed Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ crystal clear, food storage containers. These clever containers are the key ingredient I used to tackle my fridge organization goals once and for all!
Begin by Starting with a Clean Slate
- EMPTY. I started my quest for a tidy fridge by emptying it out completely. This was an eye opening experience for me, y’all. One of the biggest challenges for my family is wasting fresh foods and leftovers. That became even more apparent as sadly, many of the contents of my fridge made their way into the trash can.
- CLEAN. Wipe down the shelves with a mixture of warm water and dish soap.
- SORT. Plan your organization strategy with your family’s needs in mind. There is no right or wrong here. It’s all about space planning and what makes sense for your unique needs. I chose to sort everything into categories with a focus on leftovers, snacks, and meal preparation.
- SHOP. I shopped my home for creative storage solutions such as bins and bowls then I paired those pieces with my new 10 pc BRILLIANCE™ set. Have fun with this and let your creativity shine here!
- ORGANIZE. A place for everything and everything in its place. When you visit the grocery store, you know exactly where to go for the items you’re shopping for. Why not translate that into your home? The secret to success for my family is to always put things back in the exact same spot. Every single time. This little tip takes the guess work out of whether we have something on hand and makes preparing a weekly grocery list a cinch.
- Bonus step. MAKE IT PRETTY. Just like the decor in my home, I like a fridge that’s appealing, inviting, and inspiring. By putting everything on display and within eyes view, I feel empowered and creative when planning my meals and reaching for healthy choices.
The Key Ingredient: Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™
Whether you’re in desperate need of a fridge intervention (like I was) or you’re simply looking for reliable storage solutions, the cleverly designed Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ 10 piece set has you covered.
The space saving, multi purpose containers keep everything visible with crystal clear 360 degree clarity. You’ll never have to guess what’s inside a container again!
They stack easily on top of each other without a single wobble which allows you to go vertical with your storage solutions in a variety of different ways.
Easy to See Snacks
In a house filled with boys, it seems as though they are always hungry and it’s often hard to keep up with that hunger!
My kids are old enough now that they can grab their own snacks all by themselves. One of the many reasons I love these containers is that they look like they are glass but they aren’t. They are made with BPA-free plastic which makes them safe and easy for my kiddos to grab, open, and put back. A momma’s dream come true!
Here’s how I keep our snack section stocked, ready for hungry tummies, and within reach of little hands:
- Put everything in one place and at eye level.
- Make healthy snacks easily available. Some of the snacks we keep on hand are:
- Hard boiled eggs (cracked and peeled)
- Fruits such as berries, orange slices, grapes, apples
- Cubed cheese
- Veggies such celery sticks, baby carrots, sliced peppers, sugar snap peas
- Hummus dip
- Yogurt tubes
- Sliced lemons for water
- Truly the possibilities are endless!
TIP: I visit the grocery store each Sunday. Immediately after returning home, I wash, slice, and fill each snack container for the week ahead. Taking a little extra time to do these easy steps pays off over and over again during the week.
After creating a snack section, I put it to the test. I’m proud to say, my boys were thrilled to see all their snacks on display and within reach. My little guy kept saying, “Mommy, this is great! Now I can make healthy choices and grow big muscles!” (Insert my smiling face here.)
True confession. Prior to discovering the premium BRILLIANCE™ food storage system, I would cover a bowl of leftovers with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge. Two problems with that strategy; one, I was running out of bowls and two, we couldn’t see what was in the bowl so it went to waste. These crystal clear containers keep leftovers visible. The air tight seal and secure latches ensure food stays fresher longer. That’s a win-win situation in my book!
There’s no need to dirty another dish! Specially designed features allow the containers to stylishly go from the fridge to the microwave to the table with ease. Simply leave the lid on for splatter-resistant microwaving, flip up the side latches to release steam, and microwave as desired. The BPA-free plastic is odor and stain resistant.
Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ containers are 100% Leak Proof. Guaranteed. I put that statement to the test by flipping my chicken tortilla soup over and giving it a shake! Not a single drip.
Trim the Stress Out of Mealtime
In addition to storing snacks and leftovers, the Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ containers are the perfect solution for streamlining meal preparation.
Here are a few ways I’m currently using them to plan ahead for this week’s meals:
- Grab and go salads such as spinach salad, pasta salad, and tuna salad (Tip: Use the smaller containers to store dressing.)
- Marinate meat for a BBQ
- Sliced veggies for a stir fry
- Shredded cheese, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, and lettuce for Taco Tuesday (Bonus: Take the containers straight from the fridge to the table.)
- Cooked pasta
- Breakfast bowls with scrambled eggs and shredded cheese
- Yogurt parfaits with layers of yogurt and fresh fruit
Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ is available nationwide at Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Amazon and other fine retailers. To learn more about the features and benefits of these premium food storage containers, please visit Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™.
I’d love to hear your tips and tricks for a brilliantly organized fridge! Please feel free to share in the comments below.
Blessings to you and your home,
P.S. Dreaming of a tidy fridge but not quite ready to organize it? Pin this image to Pinterest for later reference and inspiration.